Life is like accounting, everything must balance!
Meet Sterling Bookkeeping
Karen Cummins (Owner/Founder)
My name is Karen Cummins and I am the founder of Sterling Bookkeeping, LLC. I have over 30 years of bookkeeping and accounting experience with a BBA in Accounting from Delta State University. I help businesses manage their finances by handling bookkeeping tasks so they have time to focus on the growth of their business. I look forward to servicing the bookkeeping needs of your small business.
We know choosing the right team to work with is important. Unlike many larger firms where they don’t know your name, we get to know you and your personal or business needs.
Our passion and goals are to take the back end work off of the business owner. We can replace your back office with accounting, bookkeeping and administrative support. That will give you less stress, less confusion, more time, and more freedom!
Our goal is to let you focus on the day to day while we focus on the bookkeeping. By allowing us to do that, it will allow you to grow and focus on other areas. We work with you on a personal level to help guide and achieve the best possible results for your business.
SOLUTIONS FOR INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES
We are a full service virtual bookkeeping company. We can set up your bookkeeping from scratch, clean up messy books, or maintain monthly bookkeeping. We stay up-to-date on all the regulatory and legislative developments so you don't waste time and energy trying to make sense of all of the accounting complexities.
- Secure file sharing
- Quickbooks Desktop via virtual host
- Quickbooks Online
PAYROLL AND TAX PREPARATION
We process payroll within your books or with a number of payroll services, on your schedule.
- Payroll and Quarterly Taxes
- Annual W2/W3 and 1099/1096 Filing
This service includes receiving, processing, verifying invoices, tracking and recording purchase orders, and processing payments.
- Process check requests and expense reports on a regular basis
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices
- Perform monthly reconciliations
- Maintain a large number of vendor accounts while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Perform data entry associated with accounts payable
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- Income and Expense Tracking
- Invoicing, Payables and Receivables
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including preparation of monthly invoices and maintenance of customer records
- Accounts Payable, including purchase orders and maintenance of vendor records
- Daily, weekly, or monthly reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and preparing monthly reports as well as journal entries
- Maintaining the general ledger
- Preparation of weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly payroll
- Preparing W2's and 1099's at year end
- Preparation and filing of quarterly payroll taxes
- Making payroll deduction deposits to relevant tax authorities at the end of each payroll for companies that require such deposits, and monthly for monthly depositors.
- Assistance with budgeting and forecast
- Assistance with audit preparation
- Preparation and reviewing of expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure
- New customer and vendor setup and maintenance
- Liaison with your company's CPA/Tax Preparer to ensure you are getting the best service possible